It’s amazing how dependent the world has become on technology. Everyone seems to have a laptop, iPhone, iPod, etc. Anyone and everyone can access the internet and post whatever the choose for the whole world to see. The internet is on “information overload”, the “information quality” is somewhat questionable sometimes, and “learning” process is being affected by the overwhelming internet.
Born Digital explores these topics and I found them very interesting. The book talks about how there is so much information on the internet we can hardly comprehend it all. There are so many different websites on so many different topics and the information keeps growing and growing at an alarming rate. It also discusses quality, specifically mentioning Wikipedia, and how the posts are not always accurate. The quality of information is an age old battle to sort out the truth from fiction with little success. Finally, it talks about the new learning environment we have been immersed into with the age of technology. Students can bring their computers to class to take notes, which seemed like a good idea, until students were surfing the web more than paying attention to the lecture.
I have found the topics of information overload, information quality, and learning of much interest. I am excited to further explore these topics over the semester and can’t wait to see what I find out!
No comments:
Post a Comment